Crafted by Chef Philip Mayo
“The nuttiness of the Argan Oil gives these brownies a whole new flavour. If you want to make them even more indulgent, I would recommend adding 100g white chocolate chips into the mix just before baking them. This means that you will have little pockets of melted white chocolate in the brownies once they’re baked.”
- 200g unsalted butter
- 100g dark chocolate (60% cocoa)
- 350g dark soft brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 200g self-raising flour
- 2 tsp Traditional Argan Oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a glass bowl over boiling water. Once fully melted, add the sugar and Argan Oil.
- Beat the eggs and vanilla together, add to the chocolate mixture and then add the sieved flour. Fold until it fully comes together as one mix.
- Pour into a lined brownie or baking tray, bake at 180°C for 25-30 minutes. To check if it is cooked, push a cocktail stick through the centre of the brownie and if it comes out clean with no residue on the stick, its ready.
- Leave to cool in the tray before taking it out and enjoying either then or later!