Crafted by Chef Jamie Raftery
For 4 people
- 1kg sweet potatoes
- 5g harissa
- 5g ras-el-hanout
- ½ lime (zest and juice)
- 7g garlic cloves
- 50ml golden rapeseed oil
- 10ml Classic Argan Oil
- 25g spring onions
- 5g fresh mint (finely sliced)
- 5g coriander (finely sliced)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Line a large baking sheet with tinfoil (shiny side up); place baking rack onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Add the rapeseed oil, ras-el-hanout, harissa and garlic to a blender and blitz until it’s a fine paste.
- Finely chop the mint and coriander.
- Finely slice the spring onions.
- Cut off the pointy ends of the sweet potato.
- Slice the sweet potatoes in half (lengthwise), then cut each piece into wedges.
- Place the sweet potato wedges in a large bowl, then add in the spice paste.
- Mix well, making sure each wedge is coated with oil and spices.
- Arrange the sweet potato wedges in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then turn on the grill and grill for another 3-5 minutes, or until they’re well browned and crispy.
- Keep an eye here – it’s easy to burn when the broiler is on.
- Garnish with the spring onions, coriander and mint.
- Drizzle with the Argan Oil and serve.