Crafted by Chef Philip Mayo
“This dish is a great side or as a little sharing starter with friends, or just for yourself! Feel free to change the spices you use, but these are my personal favourites. The Argan Oil really gives this a deeper, richer flavour that sets this recipe above all others.”
For the flatbreads (makes approx. 10):
- 350g self-raising flour
- 350g natural yogurt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp of turmeric, curry powder, paprika
- Pinch of salt
For the hummus:
- 500g drained chickpeas
- 150ml natural yogurt
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 50ml Traditional Argan Oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Water to thin if necessary
- Add the dry ingredients into a mixer with a dough hook attachment. If doing it by hand, then make a well in the middle.
- Pour the yoghurt into the mixture and start to mix together. You want it fully combined, but not overworked. If doing by hand, slowly mix in a bowl until it comes together, transfer onto the worktop and gently knead until it is fully combined. Put in a bowl and leave in the fridge; covered and resting for 20 minutes.
- For the hummus: Place the chickpeas, yoghurt, garlic and spices in a food processor. Blitz the ingredients until they become smooth – if needed, add a small amount of water to thin it out. Season to taste. When serving, drizzle the Argan Oil over the hummus and add a pinch of paprika.
- Now take the flatbreads out of the fridge, divide the dough into 8 equal-sized balls on a floured work surface. Gently roll out each ball to a size of a small plate – this is how they will look like once cooked.
- Place a pan on a medium heat. Once hot, add a small amount of olive oil and place the flatbreads in one at a time and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Once coloured and cooked, leave to cool and serve with the hummus. Delicious!